Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

loose steering and brakes pull

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by guz71, Jan 13, 2007.

1. guz71

guz71 1/2 ton status

Sep 17, 2006
    Well im pooped, during the 2 weeks i had off for xmas, i swapped in a 14ff/d60, shackle flip kit for di4x, zero rates up front, 2 inch blocks in the back, fixed a lot of rust, put in a stereo, arb compressor for the lockers, cb, and a lot of other junk. Before i swapped in the goodies, my steering was IMO pretty good. The gear box was in kind of bad shape so i bought a rebuilt one and swapped it in. truck has aout 7 inches of lift now and im runnign 38's. The steering is ridiculiously loose and the truck pulls very hard to the right when i apply the brakes. The frame isnt cracked and i installed the ord steering brace kit and new steering stabilizer kit along with the gear box. The axles were built by boyce and it has a 3 inch steering block in the front so its not at to much of angle ( i may try a drop drag link though). I have no idea whats going on, any ideas? Im thinking maybe i just need to get the brakes power bled but i have no idea why the steering is so loose.