Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

loose steering

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mrplow, Apr 9, 2001.

1. mrplow

mrplow Registered Member

Hi, I just redid my entire steering system,
    I replaced the upper and lower ball joints, u joints, steering stabalizer, tire rod ends, and drak link arm.

Tires are 13.5x33's all the way around. They are all virtually new. I have a 3 inch lift.

The steering is really nice now, except it is way too easy to stear. It takes almost no effort to turn the wheel just a little. Is there a way to tighten the steering so it takes more effort to turn the steering wheel and wheels on the truck?

E-mail me at Jashem@aol.com if you want to see a pic

I

2. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

so ur saying u have loose sttering eh....... common problem. get an ORD steering box brace. their little less than 100$ i believe. once i get my new lift, [only 100 mor edollars to save] then i am gonna get one of the braces.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/>http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/</A>
    <font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>
    [​IMG]

3. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Look on top your steering box. There is a 5/8" nut with an allen screw in it. Loosen that nut with a wrench and keep it on there to secure that nut. The place your allen wrench in that screw and tighten it. I usually move in 1/4 turn incraments. Simply keep those two tools in you truck and drive it for a while. On your way home from work or something just stop into a parking lot real quick and adjust it again if don't have the desired steering. Still don't like the feel, make some more adjustment. You just kinda have to play around with it till you get what you want. I'm doing mine right now, only took me about a day of stopping now and then and I got it about perfect.

[​IMG]