Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

loose wire

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dragon66, Apr 15, 2003.

1. dragon66

dragon66 Registered Member

I have found a green wire hanging down by the starter that I noticed after wheeling. Can't find any possible connections from the transmission or starter. Any ideas? Still runs fine.

2. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

If you are actually wooried about it, then trace it back. It will probly go through the fire wall. I have one that sits on my engine right behind the AC compressor. There is already a wire hooked up to it and the truck runs fine. AC don't work but I don't care about that. I don't worry about it. Just trace it backwards and see where it connects.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Nuetral safety maybe? Can you start the truck in gear? I'd say the same, trace it back as far as you can...

Bee32, did you know what that wire was? Sounds like your AC compressor clutch switch power. Disconnecting it wouldn't affect the engine, but the ac clutch wouldn't know it was supposed to be engaged when you turn the AC on...

4. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Yeah check that. Also see if it reaches the Transfer case. If it does than put the truck in 4x and see if your light comes on. Could be that. I would say check the safety switch and then just trace it.
    As for mine. I never even concidered it. I seen a wire connected to the compressor and didn't ever look at it again unless I am cleanin in there and it gets in my way I move it over. I am from Texas and I grew up drivin a motorcycle and a 73 Luv so I never got used to havin AC. Unless we are in my wife's truck than I roll down the window and go faster to cool off. 2/60 AC works enough for me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Hey David I know All the blazer's that I have owned
    have a few extra wires here and there. But I would look
    at the 4x4 switch for the light. If you need some help with your Blazer let me know I live in Englewood.

6. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

does your temp gauge work? my temp gauge wire is green, and if it was loose, might hand that low, its on the drivers side though, but things changed over the years.

7. dragon66

dragon66 Registered Member

I had thought about the transfer case and it looks like something was missing but wasn't sure on the right side. The light doesn't come on when I shift into 4 wheel. So I will check that out. As for the ac, I am not too worried about that, like everyone else, the windows roll down and if worst comes to worst the top comes off. If anyone has any other thoughts let me know. I definitely appreciate the feedback. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif