Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

loosein oil...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LIFTEDGMC4X4, Oct 17, 2006.

1. LIFTEDGMC4X4

LIFTEDGMC4X4 Registered Member

For some reason my truck is loosein oil. It dosent smoke and it dosent leak, except for the rear main seal witch dosent leak hardly at all ( I'm talking a little wetness, no dripping) I am getting a gas smell which I already know shes running a little rich, but where is the oil going??? I have had to put a quart in my rig in the past month. I'm thinking of going from 10w30 to 10w40...

Its strange, if its burnin oil seems like it would smoke??

BTW, My truck is a 87 gmc sierra classic 4x4 w/ a rebuilt 350 TBI and a 700r4, 208 tansfercase and a 8" superlift suspension lift w/ 35x12.5's on 15x12" rims.

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Depending on your monthly driving mileage, it'll burn a quart over a month and not smoke a bit! :wink1:

Come to Uwharrie this Saturday morning about 8:45, Jason...........you'll have a ball!

3. LIFTEDGMC4X4

LIFTEDGMC4X4 Registered Member

Well, it is a daily driver. I drive it 30 miles to work and 30 miles back home 4 days a week. I just assumed that it would smoke or leak if it was loosenin oil. Thanks for the reply.

I would love to go to Uwharrie this saturday, but Im flying to Ohio thursday to get a marriage liscense :)