Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Los Coyotes Run

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by kpanza, Apr 18, 2002.

1. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Ok guys, I just got off the phone with a nice Indian lady down at Los Coyotes Indian
    Reservation. Some ok news, but mostly bad news! They are still open on weekends, but
    there is a very good chance that they will shut down the Reservation for good after Memorial
    Day this year! That sucks big time! She said that the Tribe will be voting again between now
    and then, and her opinion was that this time the Tribe was going to vote to close it down for
    good.

So, I want to go there one more time before it closes for good! I want to conquer the El Hills
    and the Bronco Hills before I can't even get in to the place in the future! I know that BlazerFest
    is around the corner in June, but I figure that I am going to go to the place that could very well
    be closed down forever first!

So, I was thinking about either the May 11-12 weekend, or the May 18-19 weekend! Anyone
    care to join me for some REAL fun? You know, we could even do just a Day Trip if that's all that
    was possible, but it would be more fun to camp out there like we did last time.

Let me know what you think.

2. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Date is set for the May 18-19th weekend! Come on out if you want to have some serious fun!

3. mule

mule Registered Member

how far is it and will it be better or worse than the 25th I will
    only get to do one probably that is untill i recive my frist million

4. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

If you're looking for better wheeling, the Los Coyotes May 18th trip is better for you. Plus, it is closer for you guys down in Oceanside area...it is out off the 79 near Warner Springs. If I had to pick one, I would do the Los Coyotes run...

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I'll be there!...and so will Matt. I have never wheeled there and want to do it before it closes down. Maybe we will be able to get some more of the way south guys to turn out becaues it won't be as bad of a drive (I also would like to see Andy break some more stuff).

6. hoserr

hoserr Registered Member

where are you meeting? at the campground at 8 am on saturday? sunday same thing?

7. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

If the date is still the 18th / 19th I can go! And it's down here my way too. So where do we all meet? Time?

8. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

We should meet at the Reservation, since some guys are going out Friday night. I'd say that if you plan on arriving Saturday AM, you need to be there by 8AM or so...that way we can get out on the trails by 9 ish or so...

We'll discuss more this week - I will be without internet tomorrow and maybe Wednesday here at work, due to me movingnext door again...

9. hoserr

hoserr Registered Member

keith, are you planning on sunday runs also? 8 am?
    Tim

10. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Me personally? No, I will only be there for Saturday (if I can make it at all!) I plan on arriving Saturday AM at about 8AM or so...wheel all day, then go back home Saturday afternoon/night. I believe that Dan and some of the guys will be there til Sunday, but hopefully they will tell you that here.

I just might bring our CJ5 if my steering isn't done by then...

11. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I'm only staying till Sat night. I think Matt is staying till Sun. What about the new guy in the club (the guy w/ the beat to hell red 73)...is he going?

12. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

So who all IS staying sat night, i doubt i can make it out on Fri night, bu ti was gonna stay sat night but if only one or two of us are going to stay, i don't know if its worth it, plus i'd hate to haul all that crap out and not use it ya'know, Oh and BTW new ball joints are in, and all is right with the world, especially since i got all the parts for $0. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif