Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Losing motivation...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Jun 26, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I knew this would happen soon. When you are so busy with stuff, but keep doing it, then you get to that one day when you just don't know what to do cause so much stuff is awaiting attention.

Right now, instead of continuing working on stuff, I'm inside, sitting, wanting to do nothing.

Theres an SM465/NP205 I need to put in my Blazer, the SB400 motor I need to button up and put in.

I have my whole disaster zone garage to clean or at least re-arrange so I can walk inside without tripping every foot.

I'm also supposed to be up north at our place cleaning up before next weekend, but I have another truck I'm ready and waiting to buy, but the owners arent answering the phone. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I really don't know where to start.

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Have a beer.

3. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I hear ya. I had a ton of stuff I wanted to do to my k5, places in the mountains I wanted to go, and other fun stuff planned for this summer, but it's not going to happen. By the time I finish class, work, and homework for the day I'm content sitting around. Oh well...

The beer idea seems good to me /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

What i do is simply make a list of each thing (starting from most important to least)and whalla,thats what im doing with my blazer build.....just too much stuff to remember /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gifjake

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I just loose motivation really quick when it is hot out like it has been here all week... Been 97-102 degrees all week.

6. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

ditto, get a swamp fan, some lights and a car port or canopy thingy, a buggzapper also adds a touch of class /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

oh and beer /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. mountainexplorer

Heat really slows progress for me, too. At least I went back out and cleaned out a corner of the garage and got a couple motors in out of the weather.

Also wasted about 3 hours trying to look at and buy one of two Crew cabs, one of which the Dana 60 was already robbed out of, and the other I couldn't get a hold of the owners even though I'm ready to buy and need it to tow.

So, as I'm leaving now for another 1.5 hour drive with my el-cheapo el-rusto truck with only a bumper hitch towing my trailer, I'm hoping my lights stay working and that I have enough oil to dump in the motor before leaving.

Beer is out of the question, being the non-alcoholic I am, but I will take the time to take a shower before I head off. Alot of sweating during the day= a sticky feeling and not to good smell.

As for my lists, I make plenty of them. The ones I don't forget to bring with me or don't lose, I usually find myself changing so much they get all re-written and basically un-used.

8. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I have my whole disaster zone garage to clean or at least re-arrange so I can walk inside without tripping every foot.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hmm, sounds exactly like my garage! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

But DOOD!!! You're single, with no kids, correct? Get your a$$ busy while you can! Once you're married, have kids, a mortgage, etc. you'll have about 1% of the free time that you have today. Enjoy it while you can... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

9. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Dude! Here is some motivation for you -
    [​IMG]
    Now get off your butt and start getting ready so you can join us /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

As for things to do, you don't even want to think about taking my list. I've been working on my truck until 1:00 am for the last couple nights and I have to get my house ready for a wedding here next weekend /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. That doesn't even touch my regular list. Last night when I was ready to give up early, I just thought about how nice it would be to get what I'm working on done, cracked up some metal and started jamb'in on my work. Get over it and get on it /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    When you get something done, it will feel good.

10. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Beer is out of the question, being the non-alcoholic I am,

[/ QUOTE ]

There's your problem!

11. camok10

camok10 1/2 ton status

its guys like you that sell your rigs to guys like me when they "lose motivation." Thats how ive gotten my last 2. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

12. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

if you feel like that use it as an excuse to chill for a week, take it off do not work on sutf at all by the end of it youll get back at it with a whole new out look. or be even worse debends how you are works for me> /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

13. mountainexplorer

Oh, trust me, I never sell any of my children (the rigs of the fleet) when I get lazy and lose motivation.

Once I get my Blue '84 K5 going, I have to put gears in a 14 bolt housing and a 60 front, then put those under my GMC, then get a new clutch and put a motor in the truck. Then my little Crew Cab needs a motor still.

After that, I need to put axles under a frame I have, rebuild a 350, mount the motor, a 465/205 in the frame, then swap my Red Truck body onto it and get it all running again.

Then, I need to pull the front clip off the plow truck, weld and reinforce the frame, have the TH400 rebuilt, then put the tranny and a motor in it, do the rear brakes, and then re-mount all the plow bracketry.

Over the winter I'd like to get the Big Crew Cab going. I need to assemble the 468 motor, get a hold of a truck 5spd from a friend, mount a divorced 205 in the truck, re-weld rear spring hangars and do a shackle flip, finishing the 12" lift, then get 5.13 gears for the axles, and get it all together and running.

Then I'll be in good shape, and can start working on the mud racer truck. Though I also have to replace axle shafts and a radiator in my '73 International, starter solenoid and glass in my '64 International, and get exhaust done on my '68 Chevy 2wd.

The Truck Blazer needs heads, and I'm sure the clutch is about due for replacement again. So I may just pull the whole motor out and go through it.

Oh, I forgot about the Camo Blazer. I have to weld spiders and put the rear end under it, then get a clutch and replace cam and lifters in a 454 that I'm going to put in it. Then I should just put the tailgate on it and it will be going.

Maybe then I can get Bus #11 running again, and then start working on the Scout II and Jeep Wagoneer which have been sitting since '95.

But I suppose first I should get the motorhome all running right and roadworthy for the trip this July.

I think I need to quit a job soon. 8am-7:30 pm every day doesnt give enough time to get this done. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Oh, I forgot about my mom's truck. But all it needs is a door, windshield and the interior put back together. I'll do that after I replace the clutch in my brother's truck... most likely around the time I fix the door on the big shop and move about 20 cars from the field up to a clearing on the hill.

I'll put off the '55 Chevy and the '72 Jimmy until I have kids. Then I'll make them help.

This is actually a good list. I should write this down and re-arrange it a bit and start going at it.

14. Storm Trooper

Dude, your out of control! Sell a few before they declair your place a public parking lot /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif.
    Motivation? How about just going nuts.
    Kids? Good luck. Between which project will they fit in? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

15. mountainexplorer

I'm probably going to end up being one of those guys that stays single all his life. Besides, I'm not even interested unless her idea of a good time involves working on a truck, camping (or doing something in the outdoors), or something auto related.

In other words, a woman that doesnt exist (and the ones that do are taken).

I'm really excited to hopefully finally find a wife and then build her a truck. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Since, I don't have enough projects yet.

22 vehicles in the fleet and only 4 will start and run right now. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif But each of them need some minor tinkering to be "right".

And I can't sell them. I've tried to talk myself into it, but they've become a part of me now. Thats why whenever I buy another rig, I have to make sure to part it out or sell it fast so I don't get attached.

You can tell I don't need to go nuts cause I already am nuts. Out of three places I claim as part of my "habitat", each of them looks like a car lot or wrecking yard.

Oh, I even forgot. There's another flatbed truck I have in a friends garage that I'm supposed to put together and sell. I have to swap out another tranny and T-case into it and put a motor in it once my friend gets the motor done. I almost forgot about that project.

Maybe I'll just adopt kids that are old enough to help me already. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Well, I should get to work on parting out this '79 K5 I towed home a bit ago. No wait, maybe I should get to bed since I have to be at work tomorrow. Darn weekends aren't long enough.

16. Storm Trooper

[ QUOTE ]
    Maybe I'll just adopt kids that are old enough to help me already.

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

17. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Maybe ya just need to get laid... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

18. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    its guys like you that sell your rigs to guys like me when they "lose motivation." Thats how ive gotten my last 2. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he doesnt sell anything. Just keeps hoarding all the 1 tons he can even if they are all broken down. He has plenty of room for every 1 ton in the PNW on his property too...