Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Loss of fuel pressure

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by the bandit, Jul 31, 2006.

1. the bandit

the bandit Newbie

I have a '89 Blazer with the 350 which was originally T.B.I and has been converted to a Rochester 4bbl.Has run perfectly up untill recently.It had the original electric pump in the tank running through a pressure reg and guage at the carb.Had started to loose pressure then cuts out.First of all occasionally, now every half mile.I checked all the fuel lines for leaks, debris etc, checked the reg. but made no difference.I have now removed the tank pump and fitted an in-line Carter low pressure electric pump, still retaining the strainer in the tank.I have removed the pressure reg. but retained the guage.Upon starting, the pressure reads 6 p.s.i , but steadily falls over 10 minutes untill pressure is zero and the engine cuts out.After leaving ignition off for a couple of minutes and restarting the same happens.I have noticed the pump sometimes doesn't run on start up.Could the problem be with the fuel pump relay?.Do these give any trouble normally.Please help.Kev :confused: :1zhelp:

2. the bandit

the bandit Newbie

I have fitted new relay but still having problems, please can anyone help do not know what to try next.:1zhelp: