Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lost defrost vent flow

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by scoutillac, Mar 28, 2004.

1. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

I have virtually no air flow through my defrost vents. All the other vents blow like hell. Has anyone else had this problem? How do you fix it? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Check the blend door actuator rod and especially the small plastic clip that joins the rod to the blend door. Most likely that plastic bit is broken...and the blend door won't close enough to give good defrost flow.

Rene

3. scoutillac

Where are these parts located?

4. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Okay if you look down at where the heater lets all the air out on the trans hump the blend door is to the right a bit in the black boxes. You have to take most of ducting out to be able to get to it. Its not bad and the part (if broken) is frickin 94 cent at the dealer. I had the same problem as you. Now I have great defrost and heat. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. scoutillac

I was trying to get in that area without disassembling it all. I guess I have to get a little dirty rotten with it. There are all kinds of vacuum lookin things under the dash too.

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Sometimes it's as simple as a vacuum hose that came off. It is a bit nasty to track down the problems, hard to get at, hard to see etc etc. I much prefer the non AC heater controls and stuff...no vacuum involved and much simpler. The AC stuff used to give me fits and would regularly need my attention.

Rene

7. scoutillac

After looking at my condensor lines today I may canx the AC crap. One of the lines was just hanging there because of the bracket. Thatnks for you help.

8. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I dealt with this issue a few years back. Click on the link for a little more detail on the repair.....

Click HERE

Hope this helps, brother!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif