Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lost & Found / Stolen board

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by landsmasher, Mar 28, 2002.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

How about a board where we can post for Lost, Found and Stolen stuff. I'm sure people leave stuff behind at meets and such and a "STOLEN" board might help some people get stuff back. We have a place like that in our magazine for skydiving and it works out very well.

2. landsmasher

Re: Lost & Found / Stolen Items board

A lost and found board and a stolen items board could be usefull. What do the rest of you think?

3. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

I think it's a great idea!

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

GR8 idea if u ask me. I *hate* car thieves with a PASSION. Maybe we could make it a dual topic forum tho... Lost and found + security measures (alarms, brake pedal locks, hidden switches etc etc etc). That'd be a cool forum I think, especially with the rash of stolen K5s lately! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

J

5. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

Sounds good to me

6. landsmasher

Good idea on the forum type format thing! That way it would still be a discussion board. But a quick reference list of "Lost & Found" / "Stolen" added on the side could help in the quick recovery of those items. So maybe it could be a forum with a "JUMP TO" list. Items would be listed for say a period of so many weeks and then deleted or updated. People buying parts at swap meets or out of a publication or on line could reference the list before purchasing. On another note it's a good idea to make sure you engrave your VIN on many parts of your vehicle. Steve advised that he had found the VIN on his frame once he got all the undercoating off.