Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lost Gas Cap Key

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by brunowren, May 26, 2004.

1. brunowren

brunowren Registered Member

Hey All just got my 84 3/4 ton Sub /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif love it 6" lift 35" tires only one prob.... The guy lost the gas cap key and it's locked /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Good time to find out when im at a 1/8 tank any ideas besides the locksmith? Will prying it off hurt any thing.? Its just a plastic cap

Thanks In Advance

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

if it is a Stant cap a basic screwdriver and hammer will take it off. Just tap the hammer into the key hole and turn the screwdriver..done it many times.

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I had to remove a metal cap one time. It was a big PITA. I really can't remember if it damaged anything. It was a truck that I was parting out so I didn't care if it did.

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

also try to turn it off first. a locking cap only locks if the person turns it til it clicks a couple times. I don't know how many times I have been told.. you're caps wasn't even locked. ( in Oregon your gas was pumped for you, cap was just smarter then them I guess)

5. brunowren

brunowren Registered Member

You were right 55williys hardly tapped it with the hammer and there went the lock ! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

BFH to the rescue!

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

7. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif