Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lost on what tires

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Citizen Rider, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

I am now looking for tires. I blew up an old 33 that came on my blazer, sliced the sidewall from tread to rim:doah: . All are old and dry rotted. So might as well get all new.

I am very impressed with Swampers from who run them around me. So they are what i wanna go for.

Im going for a 33x -15 tire.

I have rode with people with 42" TSL, 42" IROK, 37" SSR.
    the 42 TSL is a bumpy ride but i dont mind it much. The IROKS where smoooooooth. I was very impressed with ride. And SSR's are smooth and work very well offroad.

I am mainly trails, some mud, and what rocks i can find. I do want to grip rocks and climb them when i need to. Sometimes will see deep mud, but wont be doing it a lot.

What i have found.
    33X13.50-15LT 6PLY Super Swamper LTB$128.14
    33X12.50-15 8PLY Super Swamper TSL$144.93
    33X14.00-15 Super Swamper TSL / Bogger$193.95
    33X1550-15 SX 6PLY Super Swamper TSL/SX$199.79

What would be recomended for mostly trails, some mud, and rocks?

Also, where is a good/cheap place to order tires?

2. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

I lucked up and got 4 tsl's for 75 bucks a piece from the Interco blem site. They are AWSOME. I strongly reccomend TSL's, but if money were no issue, it would be BOGGERS all the way. Any of the tires you have listed will kick arse. Just shop around and find a deal on some.
    thanks,
    James