Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lost the fenders, narrowed the hood:) ***Updated-All Done!***

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stallion85, Mar 29, 2006.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I recently removed the front fenders that were trashed and narrowed the hood on the K5. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be.......

The hardest part is going to be re locating the battery and the ARB compressor, but I have a spot in mind for them already.

It just keeps getting uglier and uglier, but I am spending more money??WTF:haha:

Copy of DSC01242.JPG

DSC01243.JPG

DSC01244.JPG

Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  2. stallion85

Oh ya and the wiring is a disaster in there.......It is going to take me forever to make it look clean again......

3. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

And so it begins:D

4. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Damn you've been busy lately eh. My rig I was working on just got racked for a couple months so my build plans just hit a bit of a pause lol. I guess I'll just have to watch yours for a bit to get my fix :D You going to be at the BB this year?

5. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Fixed it for ya

Cool, I've moved up my schedule and am going to at least tear mine apart this summer, and probably start building on the new frame. Good job. :D

6. stallion85

As long as I don't go overseas this September, I will def be at Blazer Bash!:D

I just put in for a transfer to Colorado Springs.....so I am kind of keeping my fingers crossed:wink1:

7. stallion85

Every time I finish one project I tell myself I will stop for a while and wheel it the way it is, as of today those are my plans. Once this is doneI will focus on a few small things that have been ignored due to all the other big things I wanted to do......you all know how it goes:wink1:

8. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

boy does that sound familiar:( you gonna tube it or put fenders back on?

9. stallion85

I plan on replacing the fenders with tube, for now I am going to connect a brace from the firewall to the core support and wheel it with the hood on. I think it will be all right for few runs till I can get a hold of a bender and finish it up. I still need a cage for the front passenger compartment, then I will tie the tube fenders in with it:)

10. mikey_d05

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Getting quotes on benders right now to use the front half of my frame and tube everything else.

As 85mudblazin said: "And so it begins." :D :haha:

11. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

The simple tube support will hold till you get the bender. I had my crunched in fenders holding mine for a few months (it did allow a lot of nose twist though).

Looking good.

12. stallion85

Pretty much done now.....

Well today I finished up the project, added a brace for the core support (temporary no flaming), 1.5" wheel spacers in the rear, re locate battery, wiring nightmare, etc. etc.:crazy:

ready for the big wheelin trip this weekend with my club:D

Click pic's to make em big :)

DSC01246.JPG

DSC01247.JPG

DSC01248.JPG

DSC01249.JPG

DSC01251.JPG

13. stallion85

A few mor to show the front view....sun was in the way earlier.....

DSC01253.JPG

DSC01254.JPG

DSC01255.JPG

14. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

so you took the easy way out and junked the fenders hu? i think it would look cooler with the fenders there and tapered

15. stallion85

My fenders were thrashed, I didn't want to go an get some clean looking ones and go through the trouble. I am going to tube the front as soon as I get a bender here in the near future.....I am more of a "Built to go, not for show" kind of guy ;)

16. ProJunkRacing

lol yeah i know wht you mean my fenders looked nice then i chopped em lol , then i taperd the bed b4 all my damage and said maybe it will stay nicer longer lol

17. mikey_d05

:haha: Right, dare I dig up the image of my bedsides and all the damage I did after the taper job?

Nice work Stallion...I wish I had a frame and everything that wasn't rusty so I could do the same.

18. stallion85

Thanks Mikey, this weekend will be the test to see if everything works well. I took this week off from work so I wouldn't be rushed and could finish the job right.

With all that body missing my 37's seem really small! Especially next to my tow rig w/ 35's LOL!

19. ProJunkRacing

lol like i said i with hopes to maybe procrastinate the damage

20. stallion85

I am a dumbass! I re drilled my spring perches to move my axle forward and then realized while trying to re connect my driveline....duh it won't reach. For some reason I thought since I only had a 2" lift I could get away with it. The local driveline shop wanted $200 for a spacer!!

Since I have spent about $800 too much on this little supposed to be cheap project I opted to move the axle back to it's original location.

Then I went and picked up my trailer and forgot to lock the latch, when I backed my 4 wheeler off of it to drive the K5 up it flipped up!!! Luckily it didn't hit the tail gate.....day keeps getting better. It pulled the wire harness out, so I re wired it.

Now it's 5 and the wife went to work and I have a **** load of work to do to get ready for this trip and I have my 2 toddlers to watch.

Have you ever had a day like this when you are planning a trip?

It will all be better tomorrow when I am crawling over the big rocks at Logandale. I will take lots of pic's and post em up when I get back.

On a good note I was able to get my Holley Pro Jection tuned in finally.....oh ya and I put a Heep bikini top over the back of the cage to protect the kids from the sun, it actually fits pretty damn good!