Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Loud A?C

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by WakeBoard&4X4er, Jul 8, 2003.

1. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

On my 94, 2500, Sub /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif, 454, one A/C, when i turn the AC on the get a loud sound from the compressor and the belt vibrates just on that side. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif i have a new belt to put on this weekend and then i can check the pull to see if it loose. Could the compressor be going? if so what would it cost to get one. and have the system recharged? The AC is Cold and works good /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. I just want to make sure it does not go bad in AUG here in Kansas where the temp can go from 80 to 110 in one day w/ humidity in the 80%+ /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif.

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Brett

2. fatboy

fatboy 1/2 ton status

what type of sound is it? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif When it comes to AC just take it to the shop unless you know for sure what it could be, compressor, dryer or expantion valve. those are the only moving parts. I thought I had compressor on my car and took it to my friend who had some AC gages and said I had to much pressure. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Let some out (into a can) and the noise went away and it gets cooler now. My point is it could be something simple. I d take it to a shop /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Get it checked out quickly. If the compressor grenades it can spew junk through your entire system. Then you're looking at big bucks to get it fixed. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif