Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Love it or hate it ??????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Dec 15, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I know alot of y'all are into football, basketball, baseball,...ect. Thats cool. But I myself hate all that. So just to see if anyone else feels the same, is there anyone else who can't stand to watch games on TV ??? Going to it live is one thing, but it bores the sh!t out of me on TV. Very annoying when a game go's into overtime and cuts into a program I want to watch. I also think the post game shows are a waste of time. What really SUCKED was the days befor cable when football was on every station !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

umm... i'm glad you can express your opinion, how ever.. i totally disagree..... i wish i could see more football, now hocky, baseball, and basketball i could care less about /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

4. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

well at the risk of getting flamed /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

i agree 100%, i have better things to do, than to sit around and watch tv, especially sports, have been to a couple of pro games and loved it, and love going to my kids games, /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

although i have watched a few superbowls, even had a couple of bowl parties when i was in the military, but passed out before the game /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I know alot of y'all are into football, basketball, baseball,...ect. Thats cool.

[/ QUOTE ] Now I didn't say I wanted it taken off the air. All I'm saying is it's not me.

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

You were just an easy target for one of my new pics.......... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i agree with you 100% the only sports i watch is a good boxing match and wwe even though the wwe is not sports its sports entertainment /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I can watch games when they involve a team I care about, e.g. an IU game (where i go) or a Cubs baseball game (i'm a die-hard). those are fine to watch on TV, but i can't understand spending the whole day in front of the tube just to watch all the games. that bores the crap out of me, plus it makes me feel like i've wasted the day. going to live games is awesome, though. i love those! i'm just not a big fan of TV in general

9. 502 4x4

502 4x4 1/2 ton status

I have developed a generalized disdain for television. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Aside from the opportunity-cost of time spent idly staring at the screen, the toxic levels of unrelenting media bombardment have grown to <font color="red"> cognitively-crippling </font color>levels . The bulk of the content offered by local stations and cable/satelite companies, just doesn’t justify the exposure to the
    ~Corporate- Marketing- Virus~. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

If you know all the words to the “Rice-A-Roni” song, or the statement “manly...yes...but I like it too!”strikes a familiar chord, your meta-cognitive health is already in peril. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Now...TV without commercials...”Okay”. “Sports without commercials...why-the-hell-not!” However, daily doseages should be thoughtfully monitored.

Having said that...”Where is my damn remote”!

Mike

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

You were just an easy target for one of my new pics.....

[/ QUOTE ] I'm honored /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I don't have much time to watch TV. I dont even keep up with sports. I just dont have time, but then I've never been a sports person myself (possibly cause I suck at playing anything). So, I'm using the No Time excuse. Yet I seem to be here alot.

The other night my computer froze, so I went outside and worked on one of the trucks. The next night I was 85 miles away from my computer, and I ended up putting some 8" rear springs under my Blazer. Amazing that I "can" be productive at times. I "should" spend more of my computer time working on the trucks...maybe tomorrow.

12. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

NHL - love it, hate the coverage here

NBA - can't stand it .. not interesting until the last 2 minutes. If I was a basketball fan I'd watch college

NFL - that's sunday, flipping between football and the race

baseball I can watch the world series, but that's about it

13. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

The only sports I like to watch on TV is fresh video tape of the ones I do with ME in it... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

I love wtching football and hockey......but only if they are teams that I like!! Spending the whole day watching it is another story. One game and maybe flip channels on my way through the house to keep up on other sco /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifres

15. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i totally agree.

hockey live is cool but anything else live or on TV just sucks.

nascar is better on TV though.

16. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Well, on the other end of the spectrum; I'll watch damn near any sport (football, basketball, golf, hockey, baseball-in that order) on TV, at any time of the day. If I can't find a game, I watch Sportscenter, ESPN Classic, FoxSportsNet, whatever. I eat, sleep, and breathe sports. Watching the Rams pummel the Cardinals as I type this. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

nascar is better on TV though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nascar sucks. Bring on the flames.

18. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm one of those who care less to watch the sports on t.v.

I only like to watch sports when its the championship game.

Watching the games every week after week is like watching re-runs. Its the same thing over and over. At least with a championship game, you will have one winner out of all the teams.

19. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Nascar sucks. Bring on the flames.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Sorry, Jeff Gordon is on vacation right now, but when he returns, I'm sure he'll be looking for someone to "hang" onto. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Love most sport's! I can't stand football though... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif