Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

love it when they screw up!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by clintsk5, May 5, 2000.

1. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

Well.. I ordered my new Baja Claws from a local Winston tire dealer last month..when I first went in we were talking about the BFG muds..but then he told me they are a M/T dealer too!!! this guy told me he could get me the 35/12.5/15's for $145 a tire...Then we talked a little more and he agread to give me the Baja Claw radials for the same price!!!Hell Ya!!!when the came in ..they were the mtx radials.......????...so he reordered....6 days later I dropped by....now he says" I have good news and bad news...the claws are here....but we got the 35/13.5/15 bias ply!!!!!I acted a little upset....so he lowered the price!!!rotflmao!!!got them for $139 a piece( never seen them for less than $209)He apologized, mounted them on my 15x12 589's and sent me on my way!!!The tires (so far) live up to there name!!!drive nice on the freeway at 80 mph too!!!!sorry for the long post..(if you hung in and read the hole thing_..later taters....K5'ing in kingman,AZ.

2. 1bad2

1bad2 Registered Member

Have you put them in the mud yet? Let us know how they work. I had some guy tell me that his claws worked better than some Boggers he had.
    Curtis
    P.S. Do you think you can get me the same deal? [​IMG]

3. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Ha ha, good price, serves him right. O.k. now to the meat of the reply, let us know how they do in the rocks and on the trails. One of the other bb's I go to have nothing but negative comments on them at Moab. Said that MT was there and letting people borrow them to wheel and anybody that had or saw them were not very impressed. Keep in mind though that this was a limited test and these were some hard core wheelers.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

4. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

maybe....this Winston is always giving good deals!

5. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

did a little crawling the other day......not too bad!....could'nt air them down too far...no air close by ...but they beat the @#$%@ out of the Bfg muds!!!And not too mention my tired old 350!!haha...later guys!