Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Love it.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BSav, Feb 18, 2003.

1. BSav

BSav Registered Member

I go to school in Mass and we just got about 2 feet of snow and the town called a parking ban. So I park my truck in the free lot last night, and much to my amaze they anly made one pass with a plow this morning. I see everybady shoveling out and I decide I don't want to shovle. I clean off the windshield, hood, and roof. I check to see the amount of snow in front of the 88 Jimmy (stock mind you) and it is up to about the bumper.
    Put her in 4wd and 1st gear and hammered right through. smelled some burnt rubber but that is all in fun. Man do I love my Jimmy.
    Just wanted to share my story with you guy's I thought you may of liked it.
    Brian Sav /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    88 GMC Jimmy, rebult 350, preformance wheel spacers,
    and chrome rims.

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

You guys are getting hammered with snow, kind of reminded me of the Blizard of "82" here in colorado. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. awagliar

awagliar Registered Member

Hell yeah!

Here in VA, we got a bit less snow, but it was no less fun! There were no parking spots left at home prior to the "blizzard", so I had to park the Blazer in the Visitor Lot (the shoulder/ditch by the side of the road).

Cabin fever set in on Monday. I didn't bother to shovel myself out .. I just drove out. Had some fun in an empty parking lot, too. Four-wheelin' opportunities like this don't just happen every day here in suburbia.

5. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

greatings from sunny California /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif! What is this "snow" you speak of /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif?

6. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

i was pee-ed off my truck was having an engine put in and i couldn't go out and play in the snow.....so i had to plow........i'm over in worcester btw..we got 21"

7. yotapunk

yotapunk Registered Member

Thought then that I would also add my little story.

Was 2 weeks after buying my blazer (3 months ago) I went up to Big bear (sorry in Ca we have to drive to get to the snow) for some snow boarding. well after a great day we went to leave and they had parked my lane full with cars. There was no way out so I drive up to the end where there is a 6ft berm of plowed snow. I look for clearance. . .I had about a foot on the passenger side (big electrical box) and about 6 inches on my side. So I got out locked the hubs put it low and with my head hanging out the window climbed right over the bank with a little jump at the top. Seeing as I am normally playing in the desert with my 2wd this was quite fun and made me decide to get 35's and build up the blazer a bit.

Sorry for the long post