Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Loving the snow

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bruiser, Dec 12, 2000.

1. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

Today I helped a guy across the street push to dead cars further away from the road so they wouldn't get plowed in when the plow truck came through. Even had to put my chains on(at least now I know how to put my chains on) since it was so slippery. Have a good ole time in the snow here in Idaho. Only about 6 inches though, want some more.

Vincent Michels
    1978 Blazer
    Bruiser (Frost white/Black top/ Light Blue interior)

2. mich89k5

mich89k5 Registered Member

It's crazy here in Lansing, MI. I think we got 15" not to mention last night the winds were 25mph with gust to 40. All day I was having a blast driving, but last night when those high winds hit and the drifts grew I had to get off the roads(not to mention it was 12:30 am) Tell you what, the ol' blazer performed like a champ. I don't have chains, but the BFG Mud terrain did great. Our snow was not the packable kind so the roads weren't too icy, but the snow ruts on the roads were tough to stay straight. I'm glad that I installed that ORD steering brace before this winter. I love Michigan. We get a taste of everything. 90's in the summer, rain, cool falls and snow. The last few winters have sucked as far as snowfall, but looks like this year is going to be normal at least. Must get boring for those guys in the warm states that only get to play in sand and mud. I think I would be an alcoholic if I lived in those states(HA HA).

Mich89k5

3. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

I'm in Saginaw, MI. We have between 10" and 30" everywhere, depending on the drifting. This morning, everyone was snowblowing, shoveling, etc. and worknig hard to get those little cars out on the roads. I actually felt pretty bad for them, since my work to get from the garage to the road consisted of turning the key, shifting the transmission once and stepping on the gas. Whew, now time for a break...

When I got to work, I got to have some fun busting through the 2 and 3 foot drifts and plow lines all over the parking lot. It's amazing how having a big Blazer changes the snow from fear and frustration to fun.

"If it aint broke...Make it work better!"

4. Woodman89

Woodman89 Registered Member

The weather here has been terrible. I live in central NH and we have not had any snow here yet. To make things worse, I got up this morning and it was RAINING. Stop hording all the snow out there and send it this way!

5. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

Yea it gets boring here in Arizona. I put the top on because it got down in the 40's in the morning when I drive to work. This weekend I'll take the top off to go wheelin'. I have special tires for sunshine wheelin'. I can drive 2 hours and I'll be wheelin' in snow. Can you drive 2 hours and be wheelin' where it's in the 70's. Just kidding you, I love to wheel in snow and mud but I wouldn't trade my sunshine for anything.
    CB

6. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

I'm from Ann Arbor, MI and we got over a foot last night. I was fun going to work this morning because there was barely any little cars on the road. I actually got to work quicker this morning because of the lack of traffic.

Hey Blue85, I see your from Sagnasty. I grew up in Bay City and lived there for 23 years. I will be up there for Christmas look for a green 74 Blazer with a white top. I will probably be driving around Bay Road looking for a stereo place to get a new CD player for the Blazer.

Communication Breakdown
    74 Blazer
    Zeppelin

7. Yes, the Ann Arbor area was pretty quite this morning, most people are still trickling in to work here.

I am still looking for my K5, maybe after Christmas I will buy myself a present. (Can't handle the anticipation to have my own K5)
    However the wifes AWD Astro handles great in the white stuff, clearance was a issue in a couple places but pushed through the drifts.

One of my co-workers little car quit on him, aparently the air intake was acting like a shovel packed the white stuff in all the way to the air cleaner. LOL

Still Looking to Go Large

8. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Here in Illnois we just got our first snow...well...more ICE...boy...its cold out there. MORE SNOW!!!! MORE SNOW!!!!

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    http://SK-15.coloradok5.com

9. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

10. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

ok all you midwesterners, I'm jealous!!!!! Can you all do a little extra wheeling for a poor soul on long island, who has to wish for 3 inches of snow by February.....Once in a while though we get slammed with a noreaster, But that will come when the motor blows in the Jim.......js

11. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I know you guys get some snow at least every now and then in NY. I was in NYC on business back around January of 96 maybe? Got about 42 inches in mid-town. Didn't get much work done that week since nobody could get to the city! Yahoo!

We got a couple of inches in Colorado Springs as the cold front came by here. We're supposed to get some flurries tonight as the storm that's about to coat Dallas with ice passes across northern New Mexico. Gotta head up to the mountains to see the deep stuff! [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com

12. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I think I'd be an alcoholic if I lived up in the rust belt...were supposed to get s snow storm today but that probably doesn't mean anything like there is in the midwest. Hopefully school will be out tomorrow. I know what I will be doing...

90K5

13. mybeast

mybeast Registered Member

That's enough you guys/gals are killing me. Its 65-75 during the day and 40-50 at night. Snow Whats that? Some day i'm going to pack up and leave this hole, and i'll never look back.

When all else fails MASH the skinny pedal!

14. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

Hello from the Western Mountains of Maine!! Still snowing (like it's ever gonna stop!) and they say 80mph winds tonite. If we're lucky it'll get above 0 degrees tonite. Chains?? Thats what the big petal on the right is for! Of course swapping to BFG AT/TA KO's helped a bunch. Oh well, stay warm.

90 Blazer 350/4spd etc.....

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!!

15. JimmyDie6.2

Hey CV202, do you know where Hermon maine is??? I have relatives from those parts........js

16. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

It iced over here in Austin, and they cancelled school. Bad thing is now I have 3 finals tommorrow[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] better get back to studying[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

It got iced over here too. All the school districts closed the schools except mine. I got to school about 30 mins late, saw about 20 cars in the lot, and left. i got to learn how to drive in the snow though...

90K5

18. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

JimmyDie6.2, Heard of it, but not sure where it's at. Whats it by??

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!!

19. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

More snow

Suppose to get more snow tonight, 1-3" and 3-6" tommorrow.

Can't wait.

Vincent Michels
    1978 Blazer
    Bruiser (Frost white/Black top/ Light Blue interior)

20. JimmyDie6.2

Re: More snow

CV202
    Hermon is supposedly, (i've never been there), north of portland, and close to New Hampshire. My relatives have been up there for centuries, literally. I would like to make my way up there one day. just to check it out. I know Maine is big, but I was just wondering if you knew, you never know. They still have a farm on a mountain up there given to them by the continental congress because my Great great..who knows how many greats......grandfather ,William Bryant fought in the Revolution. My old man used to go up there all the time when he was a kid. He says its beautiful, especially in the fall........js