Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Low buck OBA regulator?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by KRAZIE87K5, Feb 26, 2004.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I got my 210 York installed into the rig the other day, now I need to get the rest of the setup installed. I have most everything I'll need, just need to get a regulator, and I don't want to dump a ton of cash. Can I go to a local hardware shop, or something similar to get something that will work? I'm looking for something I can go buy tomorrow locally, vs. having to order it in - I'm all about getting this thing DONE now... I can't wait to wheel again this spring! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Thanks for the help folks!

-Dan

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

You shouldnt really need a regulator unless your running ARB's. If you set the cut out switch right it should be just the same as running air tools on a home compressor. Did you also make sure you have a pop-off valve too? Any regulator from Harbor freight or Lowes should work just fine. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

Just get a switch and a pop-off-valve. You don't need a regulator unless you are running something that requires low pressure.

The pressure switch should be a hardware store item.

BIGJ