Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Low end Subs and Amps

Discussion in 'Audio' started by MudFrog, Jan 30, 2003.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I was looking around at cmttrading.com and I'm gonna purchase a low end amp and sub as my current amp and sub just took a dump on me. I really don't want to spend a whole lot of money on these. I was thinking about these. Kicker Comps and Amp.

I already have one cheap amp that is supposed to be 300w but I don't think it's anywhere close to that. If needed I can run the Midrange speakers off of it but I would prefer to just have one amp for the midrange, highs and subs. It looks to me like the amp above would do that but then again I know very little about amps. Should I get an amp with more then 400w for those subs? If needs be I can get a cheap mono amp for the subs and use the amp I already own for everything else.

I'm doing the custom sidepanels for the subs. Will a 12" sub fit in the side panels without hitting the actual bed?

Any thoughts?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I belive those subs are last years, or a few years ago model. Thats how they can sell them so cheap. Couldn't pull up the amp. I really think you need a good amp for subs. When I first got into stereos I use a cheap amp on some fair subs and after a while it sounded like the subs had blown. I replaced the subs but still sounded bad. It was the amp. If you build your side panel boxs to stick out alittle, you shouldn't have any problems. Make sure you have the propper cubic feet of air space for your subs.

3. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Those look to be 2001 models and that isn't that great of a deal. I could get you some better subs for a bit more money. Kicker does not allow dealers to sell new stock over the internet so I guarantee those are referbuished units with NO factory warrranty. Be careful might end up with 80.00 paper weights.

That is why I do not have a website for my store because most manufacturers do not warranty items that are sold over the internet. Kicker tried to pull our dealer agreement because I listed some items of theirs on ebay. The only reason I got away with it is because they were displays and marked used on the discription.

4. Crunk_K5_1984

Crunk_K5_1984 Registered Member

Go to www.jcwhitney.com and you'll find fairly good amps, subs,mids,highs,and enclosures. MB Acoustics have been my personal choice for my other vehicles.

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Well let me know what you can do on some low ends subs, amp, and possibly some 5 1/4" speakers or whatever would work good for high / mid range.