Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

low gears for 203

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AllamericanK5, Jan 6, 2006.

1. AllamericanK5

AllamericanK5 1/2 ton status

My tcase is making noise. Thinking about just rebuilding but i want lower gears i have 4.56s and a TH400 that i built and it just seems i have to give it alot of thottle to get up an opstical maybe it becuase the auto but i was thinking it be easier to change gears in the tcase. any one know of any one that makes a 4 to 1 for the 203 if tried researching it and i just can find doublers sooo im guessing probley not but ne help would be nice. I was thinking about going with Trans star for my rebuild kit ne others that you guys like????

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Wagoner Machine Shop makes a 3:1 for the 203. It requires machining the case for the larger gears and costs around a grand (including the machine work)

3. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

How big are your tires?....just rebuild your case to stock and see if that helps, if not, then do the diff gears.

4. AllamericanK5

im running 35s and i dont wana go ne deeper in the axels cus its a DD and its got crapy 10 bolts

5. AllamericanK5

looked into it a lil more today sonds like chain is hitting case its only under wot conditions but its bound to get worse is there ne way i can leave it in the truck and just replace the cain for a temp fix till next weekend when i can rebuild it or do i need to pull it out and just suck it up