Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LOW RANGE!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by teufel_hunden25, Jul 6, 2001.

1. teufel_hunden25

teufel_hunden25 Registered Member

I have a 77 Blazer and the transfer case is stuck in low range 4x4. I can move the shifter but the only time the truck will move is when it's in low range. I need help bad. What causes this? And is this problem what is causing the rig to vibrate like a bed in a cheap motel???

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

You need to ID the T-case model for us, that'll make it easier to troubleshoot.

Sounds like you have a 203 that's crapping out on you. Chain's probably slipping and making the vibration, the not moving is probably related to shifter adjustment.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [image][/image]
    SW-ORD

3. teufel_hunden25

It is in fact a 203. If the chain is slipping what all do I need to do to correct this? If a professional does it what kind of $$$ am I looking at. I may not have the time to fix it as I leave for Marine Corps boot camp in 9 days!

4. teufel_hunden25

Any ideas????

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Semper Fi brother! I don't know jack about 203s, but congrats on joining Uncle Sam's Misguided Children!

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

6. teufel_hunden25

Thanks, and Semper Fi! I'm lookin forward to making the change. I've wanted it for a good long while, and now I finally get to live it.

7. teufel_hunden25

6 days til I leave, anyone have any ideas as to how much this should cost me (if done professionally)?

8. It will cost you way too much to have a shop overhaul your 203 t-case. You should either buy a good used 203 for $100.00 on up, or opt to put a 205 t-case in it. I bought a 205 for my 77 SWB for $150.00 from the wrecking yard.

Later, Doug

4 wheelin's not a job, it's an adventure!

9. teufel_hunden25

Thanks for the advice. I should hear word as to what the shop says is the problem tomorrow. Hopefully I can have this thing on the road in the next 6 days!