Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

low vacuum

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by 01fatboy, Apr 29, 2003.

1. 01fatboy

01fatboy Registered Member

just installed a rebuilt 350. the norm bored over .30 heads reworked with all new valves and springs edlebrock intake and carb (600). the cam has .480 lift creating low vacuum at idle so coming to a stop at a light can get a little nerving. only getting 12 hg vacuum thinking of getting one of those vacuum reservoirs. mest with the timing and rebuilt the carb nothing inproves it unless I idle it up to 2 grand /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif any other ideas? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

Try posting this in the Garage Alot of guys there are pretty good with this stuff.

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Lift doesn't have nearly the effect on idle vacuum as duration and overlap have. What are the rest of the specs on the cam?

Is the check valve installed and working right in the vacuum line to the power brake booster?

4. 01fatboy

01fatboy Registered Member

well added a vacuum reservoir and it works! it even helped out my windsheild wipers and my heater selection (vents and baffles) it was only $54 and some change from jegs and summit has them for $33 and polished alum for $88.