Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lowered my sway bar and i think it helps the ride....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88K5Jimmy, Apr 11, 2004.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

In my constant pursuit to make the front end not bounce so much, I have already removed the lower leaf on my 6" BDS springs. While this helped, I still wasn't satisfied with the ride in the front. I currently have the ORD sway bar disconnects so I figured my sway bar was lowered enough to compensate for the 6" lift. The I decided to unhook the sway bar and give it a ride. While it didn't bounce as much, I didn't like the feel of it going all over the road. I could definitely tell the sway bar was unhooked. Then I got to looking at how the swaybar was hanging from the front mounts and realized the rear of the sway bar could be moved up a bit. Sitting as it was with it hooked up to the ORD disconnects, it looked like it could be causing it to bind. So I had some 1 1/2" square tubing laying around and I decided to cut two pieces the same length as the front sway bra brackets and bolt them in. A little cutting and painting later, I had dropped the front of my sway bar another 1 1/2". I also drilled two holes in the front sway bar brackets and bushings and installed some grease zerks. I think the 80 miles I drove back to college today worked the grease around the sway bar and accomplished a somewhat smoother ride. Of course it still drives like a lifted leaf spring truck but I think I accomplished something. Next might be some adjustable shock or maybe different springs /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

If you want pics I can take some, just thought I would share and maybe give someone a idea. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

2. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

pics plz

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I took my swaybar off and threw it in the corner. Truck rides much better now than ever.

4. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I'll take some tomorrow /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

6. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

cool thanx man /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

No problem