Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lowering a 3" Body lift?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Boss, Mar 6, 2000.

1. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Lowering a 3\" Body lift?

Ok guys,
    I read some post in the past about body lifts and how most of yall don't recommend it. Also I think it was GoldRush that said If you own a Pre 76' Blazer, you should not install a body lift b/c of the weak body structure or something like that. Anyways, I have a 3" body lift on my 75' and now I'm thinking that maybe I should lower it to 1" lift or 2". I know 2" aint really that much of a difference, but 1" seems to be. My question is, is it worth it and how hard is it? Would I have to change up anything. I did not put this lift on myself. Also, the reason why I don't want to get rid of the body lift all together is b/c I have 35" meats and don't want to rub or cut fenders. I may or may not do this depending on difficulty, but I am just wondering. Thanks.

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Re: Lowering a 3\" Body lift?

1st thing that comes to mind would bee your steering shaft.
    How was your steering shaft lengthend? If it was streached then welded you will need a new one.
    Try to emaigine looking aound the rig and everything that goes from the frame to the body will be affected in some way , gas tank filler,gear shifters,cluch linkage, break lines. of corse your going the opiste so its a matter of re-routing or tucking up....
    good luck

Rock ON!