Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lowering radiator

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lowharley, May 2, 2003.

1. lowharley

lowharley Registered Member

Has anyone lowered the radiator after installing a body lift? If so, how?

2. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

I am guessing it would involve a bit of fabricating as you would have to cut out the bottom of your core support, then make braces to reconnect it lower. Then you'd need to make some kind of brackets to hold the top of the radiator.

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

All i did when i did my body lift was cut the fan shroud in half, formed some thin gauge stainless steel to the shape of the shroud and screwed it back together.

[​IMG]

4. lowharley

lowharley Registered Member

I was thinking of doing something similar. Do you have any overheating problems? Isn't the fan 3" lower on the radiator than stock.

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Well on mine its 2" lower (I only have a 2" body lift) no, i have no overheating problems what so ever. When the body lift is all said and done, if you look through the front under the bumper, you will also see a gap there, my intention is to fill that in also (just haven't had time yet) that way all air goes into the rad through the grill like normal. But for now, i haven't had any issues and i've had my body lift on for about a year now /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif