Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LOWERING THE TRANSFER CASE

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gabdam, Feb 14, 2001.

1. gabdam

gabdam Registered Member

DO I HAVE TO DROP THE TRANSFER CASE WHEN I DO THE 4" LIFT OR IS THAT ONLY IF I GO HIGHER THAN 4" I'VE HEARD YES I DO AND NO I DON'T WHAT DO YOU THINK??

2. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Install the lift. Then drive it around the block, and try to get it up above 50 to see if you are going to have any vibrations. If you do have any then lower it.

Will work for beer, parts and tools.
    90 Jimi,350/700R4/241/10bolts/4.10's/33's/4"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</A>

3. jerseymudder

jerseymudder Registered Member

I'M RUNNING AN 86 BLAZER W/4INCH LIFT. I TORTURE MY TRUCK OFF-ROAD & MY SHAFTS TAKE IT "FOR A WHILE". I'M GOING TO TAKE THOSE NICE FACTORY SPACERS & SEE IF THEY ALONE WILL DO THE TRICK.

4. elkboy

elkboy 1/2 ton status

I think it depends on the transmission and transfer case combo you have. The longer the rear shaft the better the angle and the less likley to vibrate. When I was pulling a steering box at a you-pull-it junkyard, I ended up with four extra steering box spacers that I used to drop my crossmember. The price was right and seem to work fine.

[​IMG]<font color=red> Elkboy</font color=red> [​IMG]