Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lowes tonight

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtnman210, Oct 15, 2005.

1. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

ok who's watchin. The tire failures are getting a little out of hand and it's only 90 laps in:eek1:

2. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I'm bummed that the 15 car wrecked out.. And I dislike the hendrick teams, so I'm not happy that jimmy johnson won.

If the damn track wasn't ready for racing, they should've moved the race to another track or postponed the date or something. There's no excuse for the cavalcade of stupidity we were forced to watch tonight.

Tom

3. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Jimmie is the man.:pimp1:

4. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

I'm a huge hendrick fan so that was a great race!!! you have to admit that was some good racing the last say 20 laps. I'm with ya on the 15 though I always hate to see Mikey crash out. And the tires were a little out of hand but it did make for an interedting race.

TIED FOR 1ST :woot::woot::woot:

5. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I didnt like the race at all.....

I cant believe JJ won either....Smells like conspiracy.....hahaha

6. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I would have loved to watch it. But we chose to watch some movies tonight. So, I snuggled up with the kiddos and ate popcorn, and watched movies instead. :D

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

It's the tires that weren't ready. Because of the work they did to the track, the cars were running faster, building up more heat in the tires making them go boom.........................

8. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I thought I heard a lot of folks talk about how the levigation process was just an interim step, and that the track really needed to be repaved, and ol' humpy ran out of money before he could get it done.

Of course, the tires have been an issue at a lot of tracks, maybe that's all it was.

Oh well. first, the nascar race sucked, and the browns lose today.. there's always next week to look forward to.

Tom

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Yes, it was just a patch for the problem. I read just a few hours ago that Charlotte is getting repaved over the winter.

I guess we could blame it on all kinds of factors. The tires were not up to the speeds, but then you can blame that on the race teams because they run way lower air pressures than what is recommended and of course they do that to make the cars go way fast and because the track was smoother, they got faster.

I'm about ready for a technology step back or four concerning NASCAR. I guess from everything I've read about the car of tomorrow they are going to field starting next year part time, the design is supposed to be a step back, I guess would be the way to put it. The cars are supposed to be a little wider and little longer and a little taller if I've read everything right. I'm tired of seeing double digit packs of cars at Tally and Daytona, I want to see three or four guys break away and dogfight to the end. I think if they could find another way to slow the cars down and let them take the plates off so it's brute horsepower and smart drafting. Maybe take the plates off and mandate certain gear ratio in the rear end and transmission so the drivers have to be smart so they don't grenade the engine from too many RPMs.............

I don't know, I'm not an engineer, just a race fan who misses the old days..............

10. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Man, if NASCAR did that, I might start watching races again.

So is this "levigation" thing an actual process? I read something last night on Yahoo where they quoted Humpty talking about it, and I'd never heard of it before... thought it was just some redneck slang for asphalt grinding.

11. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

What gears they run at Daytona and Talladega?

12. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Well, what really sucks, is i had set it to record on the DVR, so i could attend a local meet and greet,,,well, i just started watching it today, and it got to about the last 7 or so laps,,,the last incident,,,and the DVR stopped recording :mad:

seems it went alittle longer than the scheduled time, and i thought i had set it to run alittle longer due to past experiences with this type of thing,,,, :doah:

so i never got to see the end, and how it finished,,,this really sucks :mad:

13. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

I think Speed Channel re-runs the race on wednesdays

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I think levigation is the technical term. The machines uses like lasers or GPS or both and grinds the high spots out of the pavement so it's smoother. They also said that this process takes the rubber off the pavement laid down in previous races, but what that has to do with anything I'm still lost about. Tonight Mikey and Brian Vickers were talking about how the track had way more grip after this last levigation and they could pin the throttle almost around the whole track, so the tires really wasn't getting a break.

Something around a 3:50 if I recall. They started doing an idiotic gear mandate thing this year that at some tracks, all the cars had to run the same ratio. That's about stupid.

15. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

So.. Bubba.. seeing that you are a traditionalist, are you ok with mikey eventually going to toyota?

Still not sure how I feel about that. On the one hand, the team should have plenty of money to be competitive. On the other, I hate imports.

I know the world changes, I don't hafta like it though..

Tom