Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LS1/4L60E in a first gen?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jamesjones, May 24, 2003.

1. jamesjones

jamesjones Registered Member

Has anybody done a LS1/4l60E swap into their first gen yet? I'm considering a swap like this on my project 72. What do you guys think?

2. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

That swap is gonna require alot of fabrication and will be very expensive. The motor mounts are all deifferent. I have no idea about oil pan clearence and wiring would probably be a pain. Unless you have your heart set on the LS1 I would try another fuel injected motor like and LT1 or L98.

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

As far as I know... An LS1 is a different breed... You're stuck with either the 6 speed or 4L60 that comes behind the LS1... The Engine/Tranny won't bolt up to anything else like factory... The LS1 engine and trannys are different.
    I'd go with an built LT1 or a TPI engine since it will bolt up to anything you want like factory. TH400/TH350/TH700/SM465/NV4500 whatever.

4. jamesjones

jamesjones Registered Member

Yes they are different. I'm planning on using the 4L60E that comes with the engine. I believe advanced adapters makes an adapter to mate the 4L60E to a 205. I'm really digging the LS1 right now due to it's very light weight, high horsepower/torque, and fuel efficiency. Some of the Fbody guys I've been talking to have nothing but praise for the engine. Thanks for the info. I had initially planned to do the swap in a TJ but found a nice 72 that I couldn't pass up. We'll see how it goes.

James

PS Anybody looking for a 350/TH350 combo? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif