Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LS1 engine in my blazer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BranndonC, Oct 17, 2002.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

for like 3 grand i can get a VERY low milage LS1. I can get the engine, transmission (possible to work with 4x4?) and copmuter out of a new camaro. let me know guys

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Don't think the tranny will do you any good other than to sell if for some $$, but the motor..............now that has possibilities.

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

what do you think the tranny's worth?

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Not sure, but try the boards at www.thirdgen.org for that question...........very cool idea putting an LS-1 in a K5 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

we'll its a sweet motor but i wouldnt want it in my jimmy. my camaro doesnt come alive until 3000 rpms, then it screams until 5500. add a thousand pounds to the mix and i would think it would suffer on low end torque. great price for the motor and trans but not ideal for a truck.

craig

6. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

thanks, maybe i'll pass, but i'll still think about just the motor later on and maybe a few mods to make it run better in the blazer

7. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I could be wrong, but i remember hearing that those LS1 engines and trannys are a different breed.
    That is, the engine won't mount up to the LT1 and earlier trannys, and the 6 speeds and 4L60's behind the LS1's won't bolt up to the LT1 and earlier engines.
    An LT1 engine would bolt right up to whatever you got... Not sure if you can get an adapter for the LS1 to earlier trannys etc.