Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ls1 trade...is it worth it??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by oneofthefewbmx, Jan 22, 2006.

1. oneofthefewbmx

oneofthefewbmx 1/2 ton status

hey guys...my friend is about to trade his 2000 tl1000r for enough parts to build a complete used "all forged" ls1....he just paid 5000 like a year ago for his bike...i think this is not a good idea becuase he could sell his bike and build somthing w/ more power and still come out w/ money on top of it...just let me know what you guys think....

also i know this is not truck related but it is in a way that he would be putting this in his truck...also he is getting used 700r4, and posi rear end that has a "broke axle shaft" and a rebuild three hundmdred and five cubic inch chevrolet motor!!!!!!!

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Not sure of all the details here, but I would not do it, unless he knows the parts are all good.
    I would sell the TLR and buy new stuff for the truck, unless it is a beater. Selling the TLR would be a good thing all around, even if he was to get a different bike. The V-Twin design of the TLR is fun to ride but lots of its potential was lost when Suzuki put such a small air box on it. If they would have designed it like the GSXR's the bike would be much better. IMHO

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'd sell the bike and buy parts. They sell short blocks cheaper than that in Chevy High Performance.