Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LT1 intake on a 91?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by garlicbreath, Apr 24, 2005.

1. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

Hey, does anyone know if the intake setup from an LT1, like the caprice cop cars will bolt onto a 91 motor? I am looking into injecting my blazer, but the TPI setups are still pricey.

2. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yes, it can be done, and is actually an extremely good intake to replace the stock TPI intake.

You can find more information about what kinds of machining / changes need to be made to bolt the intake on at this website:

www.lt1intake.com

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

actually its not a great replacement for us. I wanted to do it but its pointless on a truck. The LT1 is great for Camaros and Firebirds. It is good for a large camshaft with high RPM power. For torque the TPI intake is far better.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/enginemasters/articles/hardcore/0803phr_beast/

Oh and both the links that are posted are just replacing a TPI intake with an LT1 intake. I'm in the market for a TPI setup, they don't seem to run much more than $500. Not much when you compare to aftermarket.

4. garlicbreath

One of the reasons I am considering the LT1 also is I have sportsman II heads, headers, 10-1 compression, and zz4 cam. If I understand right a stock TPI setup would choke my motor.

5. garlicbreath

Well, apparently the LT1 intake doesn't work with sportman heads! Thanks though.

6. camarossguy2

camarossguy2 1/2 ton status

Also, the lt1 intake do not have a distributor hole in the back...you would need LTCC LS1 coil packs, or an opti-spark conversion