Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lt1 swap questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddyblzr, Jun 16, 2006.

1. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

alright ive got a line on a supercharged lt1 that has been rebuilt with 26k on it. it already has a howell computer and a custom wiring harness.
    my question is what else would i need for this to go into my '76 k5?
    any tips trick or suggestions for me?

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

1LE AC delete pulley, and it should bolt right in.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

the opti spark sucks in water or mud by the way. all the lt1 drive stuff on the front is left to right swaped. like the p/s pump and stuff. need to make lines for this. but basicly simple swap. if your fuel tank is setup for tbi pump then simple pump swap also.

4. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

i did this swap...twice youll need to cut the pass side frame rail to make way for the pulley. (1le ac delete) its aboot a 1 1/2" wide by 3/4" into the top of the rail.
    Also fuel sytem, i ran dual 16 gallon cells and an inline pump/ filter. (with a return) Youll also need an electric fan.
    Heater hoses need an adapter from 5/8" to 3/4" (for one of the hoses) also a throttle body bypass is easy to do.

Youll need to run the coolant pipe from the back of the heads to either the heater hoses or if you have it aux port on the radiator. Of course 02 sensors, computer mounting.

The power steering lines work (the stock lines from whatever car you took the motor out of. just need to make a few custom bends) with the oring type fitting so from the pump to the box your cool, then you just need to mount the resivoir and plumb the return line and the feedline (feed is rubber 5/8" hose) and return is the same as whats already in the truck.

A new flywheel and starter is needed if using your current tranny. a 168 tooth and a regular ole' 350 starter (unless the flywheel works with your torque convertor, it didnt with my 400)

If you have any more wuestions feel free to ask, or pm me so i see it and dont forget aboot this thread...

5. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

alright.
    so from what it looks like what i need is the 1le ac delete pulley, fuel injection pump and tank.
    is there anyway i can re arrange the accessories to fit like my stock ones do? the a/c and heater hoses dont matter its gonna go into an offroad only truck.
    also im probably gonna sell teh supercharger to try to make some money and save some parts.
    i wonder if the flywheel will bolt up to a t350 torque converter hmmm?

6. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

can anyone tell me the hp and torque numbers for a stock lt1?
    im having trouble finding them i wana say 300 hp 350 torque

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member