Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lubbock people- Chili Fest? Edit: Narrative & pics now included

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by blk87K5, Sep 18, 2003.

1. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Anyone going? You can bet my ass will be there at 4 am. Got a good parking spot for the K5.

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Re: Lubbock people- Chili Fest?

Damn I've gotta get my ass back to texas. Those were some fun times there. I did 4 chili fests...saw Robert Earl, Pat Green, Mearle Haggard, and Jerry Jeff...maybe I'll be able to make it next time!

How's your truck coming along?

3. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Damn I've gotta get my ass back to texas. Those were some fun times there. I did 4 chili fests...saw Robert Earl, Pat Green, Mearle Haggard, and Jerry Jeff...maybe I'll be able to make it next time!

How's your truck coming along?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it'll work fairly good for keg transportation. Throw a couch in the back and we have got a party.

The K5 is going to get totally torn down for the drivetrain to be transplanted in my new ride. I plan to eventually build it again with a diesel, 4 spd, 205, 5 tons and 53's.

4. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Can't make it to Chilli, but I am going to try my hardest to get up there in the Jimmy for the A&M and Tech game. I'd like to meet up with y'all up there and check out y'alls rides.

5. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

6313 33rd St.

6. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

When is it and does it cost anything to get in?

7. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Starts tomorrow morning at 7:45. Cost is $20 at the gate. I would suggest bringing at least a 30 pack for yourself considering the concert is 12 hours long, and getting there before at least 7:00. We are leaving my house at midnight tonight.

[​IMG]

I'm ready.

8. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i think thats nuff beer. lol. wish i could go but it would be one hell of a drive to get there. who all is playin in the concert???

jacob

9. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

We got there at midnight last night and started drinking. It was a helluva time. Ended up doing a insane burnout for the state trooper. He wasn't as amused as everyone else was. The gates opened at 4 am for the people with parking permits. We got parked about 5 am. I was totally gone by then. Bleau Edmondson came on at 6:45 am. I passed out 1/2 way through the first song. The day was then followed by lots of beer drinking, chasing tail, more stupid acts in the K5 and hard hat, heelacious concerts, and more beer. I am so damn dirty right now I feel like I have more filth on me than the ground. I am taking a shower, then going to bed for a few hours. Have to get some sleep so I can go to the after party.

Bleau Edmondson
    Roger Creagor
    Mark David Manders
    Jack Ingram
    Cory Morrow
    Cahrlie Robison

Edit:We didn't think the beer in the original pic was eough, so we went to the store and bought 3 more 30 packs. Between about 8 people, we almost ran out. Don't have many left for the after party. Might have to go to the beer store again. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Sixth time in as many days. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

10. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Good Lord man, thats quite a story, I was at the Chilli last year in Lubbock. I've never been so dirty in my life, there was dirt in my snot. My cousin is best friends with Cody Canada from Cross Canadian Ragweed and she said that most of thier intruments was ruined due to the winds, dirt and beer that was thrown at them.

I also got the chance to go to the Chilli Fest at College Station where Creager, Corry Morrow,Cross Canadian, Gary Allen and Willie Nelson played. Now that, was a concert /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Most of the details are a little fuzzy. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

12. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif craeger, morrow, and robison are badass. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif woo more beer. hell yeah.

13. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    9:10 AM. Been drinking for 13 hours, 10 mins. It shows.

[​IMG]
    We're fading fast boys. If anyone knows the name or ph # of the chic next to me, pm me. I can't remember. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[​IMG]
    Roger Creagor singing Rancho Grande with his dad. Yes, Texas is the only place were Mexican music, chili, blowing wind, and fine wimmen are cool.

[​IMG]
    sh!t load of people. If you look closely, you can see the K5. If you can spot it, circle it in photo shop, and post it up, I'll give you a beer if I ever see ya.

Edit:To help anyone out, there is someone passed out in my pass seat.

14. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    Cory Morrow asked for the crowd to please quit throwing beer cans and start throwing bras and panties. Massive waive of nudity ensued. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[​IMG]
    Jack Ingram

[​IMG]
    Jack Ingram again. Guess the guy next to us forgot what college he was at. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Some biker guy next to us told him he was at f@wking Tech. He left skeered for his life. Can't blame him.

[​IMG]
    Cory stated he needed a black and white one to match his pink one. Wish was granted promptly. Chili Bitch was hot that sang with him.

General details are coming back to me from Chili. I even have a fat wad of about 10 citations from another state trooper. Thank gawd they are all warnings. I got a little skeered when I lost count of the times he turned the page in his ticket book. Almost got thrown in jail for stnading on top of the K5 while having a friend drive and throwing beers into the crowd to thristy fellow Tech students. Then didn't laugh when I told them they were just jealous because I hadn't got to them yet. I immediatley informed to driver to "spank it" when they got the ticket book out. I also learned that you can fit 15 people, 8 coolers, 6 lan chairs, about 1000 dixie cups, and 10 gallons of water in a topless, doorless K5.

15. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

16. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

bryan,
    you crazy , looks like you are having fun at college /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

i got a brother in lubbock, too bad he ain't into wheeling /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

works for mcwhorter, but prolly can't cut you a deal on any mt/r's, at least he won't for me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Nice. I have some way better pics on a friends camera. I broke mine. I'll try to get them from him and thro them up.

18. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Another beer to someone that can spot me in the crowd.

19. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

AH HA! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

All I saw was a big red X on 4x4Freak, so I'm oblivious to what he saw

20. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    All I saw was a big red X on 4x4Freak, so I'm oblivious to what he saw

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry about that. I replaced the picture with one of him circled and didnt have time to update the post. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Should be fixed now.