Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lubes, Grease, and uses-- what's your choice and why?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by _DeeVee8_, Mar 26, 2000.

1. _DeeVee8_

_DeeVee8_ 1/2 ton status

Lubes, Grease, and uses-- what\'s your choice and why?

I believe I was the one who had pioneered the first question about ATF Feeding into your Carb to blast out any carbon about, oh, say, 4,000 posts ago. Anyway, I'm Interested in finding the best possible lubricant for the job that I'm about to undertake after I get feet first into the axle swap. I want to know If Some OMC Marine Grease is popular to lube hubs, and redo /pack axle bearings. It does have the best water repelling agents in it but doesn't have the heat dissapating qualities of some other types of grease. What is good for lubing axle houseings, bearings, Steering, and driveline components, and any other criticle grease needing points??? Maybe I'm a little over cautious but I've seen what happens when you use the WRONG type and or very little of it too.

-Dv8

2. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Re: Lubes, Grease, and uses-- what\'s your choice and why?

I use nothing but Marine Grade grease, and Pennzoil 20-50 in the Knight, haven't had and problem with high heat destroying anything yet, and the the Knight does a 60 mile one way commute daily...White Knight

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: Lubes, Grease, and uses-- what\'s your choice and why?

I use Quaker State grease when I lube her up. I'm not sure exactly what the line is called, but we use it on our backhoes at work, so I imagine it's tough enough to withstand ANYTHING a guy could throw at his truck. For hubs, I always use white lithium grease. And for everything else, it has to be good ol' WD40!!!!!!!