Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lucas 15/40 high TBN oil

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by k5blazin, Jan 16, 2005.

1. k5blazin

k5blazin 1/2 ton status

Is anyone using this oil in their trucks?? do you think its necessary to use this oil or just use regular 15/40 with the lucas oil stabilizer??

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I use regular 15W40. I'm not a beleiver in oil additives like Lucas. I seem to recall a test showing the lucas additive causing a lot of foaming...

Rene

3. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

While im not a firm believer in additives anyways, i do run the lucas oil additive. It doenst do much, but i run it anyway. Mostly because i tried it, and have been afraid of possible damage its caused and covering up, and figure if i put regular oil back in it i might put a rod through the block or something like that. So i keep running it :o

4. k5blazin

k5blazin 1/2 ton status

ok thanx for your help. i havent used the oil stabilizer in my new blazer yet, but i have used it in my 88 k5 and i did notice better oil pressure. i use it in my little "import" and its helped it get to the 194,000 miles that it has on it today. ill see how it runs without the additive for a little before i decide to use it.