Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lucas Oil Products

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Calclips, Feb 24, 2002.

1. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    Who here uses Lucas oil products? If you do use them, which ones do you use and what do you think of them. I know that I run 1qt of lucas with every oil change and my motor burns and leaks NO oil at all. I was just wondering what kind of experiences that everyone else had with it.

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I run the Lucas Upper cylinder lubricant and fuel system treatement, and I have notice that it does help with dieseling. One time when I came back from school, and drove my truck for the first time in a while, it would diesel on shut down. I dropped in some of the Lucas fule treatment in, and a little 89 octane, and it stopped dieseling for the most part. I ran it on 87 octane after that and my truck ran fine. I have used the power steering stop leak by Lucas too, and it worked well. It slowed the leak in power steering pump long enough for me to get money to get it fixed. It worked pretty well on my dads F150.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

3. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

I sell it at work. ITs damn expensive, but it all works very well. i used the oil treatment, and it definately helped my smokey motor. Ive also heard very good stuff about their transmission stuff.

-matt
    <font color=purple> "Stuff's only good for 2 things, degreasing engines and killing brain cells"</font color=purple>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/shaggyk5>www.geocities.com/shaggyk5</a>

4. blazen_md

blazen_md 1/2 ton status

I use the lucas oil treatment and fuel treatment and love it. I sell it at work also and it is a good seller. I have an 82 chevrolet 1/2 ton 4x4 with a th350 that I use to plow snow with and it would barely move the tranny was so bad I dumped lucas in there and it helped it out a whole lot.

90 k5 35" ssr's 6in superlift 350tbi 700r4 10 bolt locked in the rear 4.10's