Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lucky to be alive....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by steedalx, Feb 14, 2004.

1. steedalx

steedalx 1/2 ton status

Well as some of you may know I have had more problems with my Jimmy dying and running like crap. It has been running fine for the past could of weeks but about got me killed last night. To start off the problem seems to be that once it gets warm it will die when sitting at idle. Then it will not start back up. I can hear the starting trying to turn it over but it won't crank. Once it cools down it starts up fine. I was told the timing was too high. But back to my story.....me and my buddy had welded in my new rocker panel and I was heading home. We were on this busy road and it died at the red light and would not start. He pulled in front of me and we were in the process of getting it pulled off of the road when the cars started comming. Granted it was dark but we were sitting still with our lights and flashers on. This group of 4 cars either didn't see us or wasn't paying attention until the were on our ass...maybe 30 yards and they were probably going 55 or 60. The first two slowed down and one went around us to the right and the other to the left. You have to realize my fried is between the 2 trucks attaching the rope and I am standing at the rear of my jimmy on the passanger side waving my hands trying to get their attention. Well the third guy didn't see us until he was about 15 yards or so. Luckily he swirved to his left at the last moment. It was so close that his mirror hit my rear hatch and broke off. We were so lucky. If he had of went to the right he would of probably hit me going at least 40 and if he had of hit my truck head on it would of ran up into my buddy. Either way we would of been dead. This will defintly make me pay more attention when driving....and not to drive the Jimmy at night.

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Why not drive the Jimmy at night? Just cause some aholes don't know how to drive? If you had your flashers on they should have seen you from a 1/4 mile away on a decent weather night. It's a good thing that you and your friend were not hurt. I'll bet the dumb a$$'s thought you were along the side of the road. They still should have slowed down. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Yeah I had to work with a truck broke in real city traffic once, it sucked very badly

I'd get some road flares man, and if they dont see those, you can always shove them in thier window as they speed by

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    the problem seems to be that once it gets warm it will die when sitting at idle. Then it will not start back up.

[/ QUOTE ] Is it TBI ??? I had the same problem on a TBI motor. It was a sensor.