Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lug Nuts?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Madbomber88, Mar 1, 2003.

1. Madbomber88

Madbomber88 1/2 ton status

Anyone know the best place to get replacement lug nuts for my 90 K5 with stock aluminum 6 lug rims?
    LMC doesn't carry them and the ones at the local auto parts stores are crap.

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Are you talking about the capped ones? Dealer is a good place or try another parts store. There is one here that has good replacements, but the others don't.

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I get all my lugnuts at Discount tire.

4. Madbomber88

Madbomber88 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I am replacing the stock capped ones. I think I found a pretty good replacement from 4wheelparts.com but I know alot people hate that place. Is it bad to mix and match or should I buy a complete replacement set?

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

If you want some that will NOT rust, even after a road salt bath there in Massachusetts, check out McGard. They aren't cheap, but they're guaranteed to never rust! You can check 'em out at www.mcgard.com Their lug and lock kits are available from www.summitracing.com The Gorilla brand that is sold by 4Wheel Parts is cheaper, but they're made in China and have no guarantee against rust. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I used to live in Worcester, so I KNOW how stuff rusts around there! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif