Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lug reapair

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by willymonster, Mar 15, 2006.

1. willymonster

willymonster 1/2 ton status

well i dug out 2 almost new 44 inch swampers i bought and forgot about :doah: anyway 1 of them has a lug or 2 that were messed up and now they have a crack under them not to major if i tube these i figure they would work ok but if the tires saw occasional street use would they start to come apart ?can the tires be vulcanized ? i guess that is a reapair with a hot glue ? or somthing . :confused:

2. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

hot glue? hmmm havent heard that one before. interesting to find out. whats the worst that will happen? fall off anyways?

answer to your question, i dont know

3. willymonster

ya im not quite sure what vulcanizing is either im guessing its a hot glue of some sort , could be a chemical reaction of some sort to i dont know . thats kinda what im thinkin "whats the worst that could happen " i think im just gonna try it looking at one of the cracks its actually more inbetween the lugs then under them :crazy:

4. Janitorjim8

Janitorjim8 1/2 ton status

Wish i had 44's i forgot about and then found one day. Similar to finding $20 in your coat pocket, except they are badass tires. :D:D:D

5. willymonster

44s

ya now i wish i could just find the 800.00 dollars laynig around to buy the other 2 :doah:

6. R77K10

R77K10 Banned