Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LUND MOONVISOR??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gabdam, Apr 24, 2001.

1. gabdam

gabdam Registered Member

JUST BID ON A MOONVISOR ON EBAYFOR MY 86 JIMMY , I'M THE HIGH BIDDER AT 63 DOLLARS. I'M HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS ABOUT IT ,I DON'T KNOW IF I WOULD LIKE IT . I SEE THEM ON OTHER TRUCKS AND THE LOOK GREAT BUT THEN TRUCKS WITHOUT THEM LOOK GOOD TOO.I GUESS I'LL SET A LIMIT OF WHAT I WANT TO SPEND IF IT GOES OVER MY PRICE I'LL LET IT GO.. I CHECKED THE PRICE ON THE VISOR IT'S NORMALLY $159 BUCKS

2. 1990SilveradoK5

1990SilveradoK5 1/2 ton status

I have one and like it, my morning commute is into the sun and it helps. It doesn't hurt that it looks cool also.

Gone Large and Loving It.
    Keith

3. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Good deal, I like mine and it looks cool at night also[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

hey, if you get it and don't want it let me know. I will buy it from you if it's not over $85.00...

<font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue>

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. walt88

walt88 1/2 ton status

I think they make the truck look more boss. The only thing I am worried about is low hanging trees. Where I do my wheeling is pretty narrow and the trees hang low, thats why i dont want to spend $160.

[​IMG]<font color=red>1988 Chevrolet K5 Blazer, Middletown, NJ (07737).</font color=red>

6. NetBlazer

NetBlazer Registered Member

Another sunvisor option that won\'t get ripped off by a tree

If you are looking for a different option for a sunvisor and don't want it to get ripped off by a tree branch, or just don't care for the looks of the moonvisor, here's what I put in mine.

[​IMG]

It's an overhead console by Steel Horse, and it basically blocks the same sun as an outside visor does. As an added bonus, there's a console for storing toll money and sunglasses and stuff. The shelf itself isn't great for storing stuff, other than maybe a pack of smokes or something small because it will shift around as you drive. The shelf is lined with velcro though, so if you really wanted to put something up there, like a GPS or something, you could stick some velcro to that and it won't go anywhere.

They didn't have one for the earlier Blazers (pre '92) but I got one for a Chevy pickup and it fit perfect and matched the interior as well. They mount to the sunvisor holes, and I had to drill one extra hole because the pickup visors mount slightly different, but no big deal.
    The consoles are pretty cheap too, only $65 at JC Whitney.
    http:// http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=72743

Hope this helps. If someone needs pictures of it in a Blazer I can get some, just let me know