Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

luvette project update

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by OffRoadOhio, Mar 8, 2003.

1. OffRoadOhio

OffRoadOhio Registered Member

as most of you know, a bought a chevette on a 4x4 chevy luv frame, from a fella in PA. last week I drove over and picked it up.
    When I got it home i noticed the missing front axles.... but then I found some for 45 a piece, so i ordered them. Today I purchased a chevette with a blown engine but real godo body and interior for $50. After a long discussion with m budyd jeff, we decided ti would be easy to lift the old body off of the frame and set the new one down on the frame than too try to cut, and weld a bunch of stuff this guy messed up, and get it fixed right. So at about noon we set out on our missin to lift the body off, after we wrote down where each wire went, since we have no book to look to for guidance when its tiem for the new body. we removed the radiator, and everythign else that is hooked to the frame/engine, and attached to the body, including the body mounts. we rolled the car out side and under our home made hoist, and cranked away. To our suprise our hard work payed off and the body came up with east. We pushed the frame back into the garage and let the body down onto the ground, and were done by 6:00 p.m.

I did get pics of all of this but with my 35mm, so when developed I will post them

We ahve now decided, since the frame is sitting there, we mayswell check out everything on it to make sure its in good working order.

2. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a fun project! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. OffRoadOhio

OffRoadOhio Registered Member

I should have the picture i took of it, the day i got it home on here tomorra, be a few mroe days until, todays pictures are developed