Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

M/T valve covers?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bajaviking, Sep 18, 2003.

1. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

I just picked up some nice valve covers in polished alum. On the end they say Chevrolet with small letters and in the middle it says M/T with big letters. Did Mickey Thompson make valve covers or does M/T mean something else. Anybody know where these covers could have come from. They are for my 350 engine in my 86 K5.

2. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

No that stands for massive turd Yes MT stands for Mickey Thompson, they made some aftermarket stuff along time ago, too bad he's gone,he was quite the racer and fabricator in his day

3. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Cool, they might be a collectors item then, maybe I should wear them around my neck as bling bling

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

yeh my dad said he had M/T valve covers on an old GTO he used to have. He said he painted em black, then sanded over the top so the letters were silver.

5. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

I've got a set on my '72, but they came from a friends '79, from a friend's Chevelle ... etc, etc, so I can't tell you where they came from originally. Mine do not have a baffle in them and my PCV likes to suck oil when I put highway miles on it. You can get a breather to go in before the PCV, but so far, too lazy

6. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I had a set on my 68 pickup on the engine I just pulled out of it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

7. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

i have a set for my big block /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i have zero but id like to find a pair of aluminum covers some day even if are not M/T's

had a pair of aluminum corvette flags one on a 305 in an 81 el camino, the enhgine was a 78 2bbl and ppl around here are so stupid and misinformed and delusional that ive had three such ppl tell me that the valve covers on the engine were original to 81 el camino and that its a corvettte engine

sigh.

9. Fry

Fry 1/2 ton status

I've seen & owned quite a few sets of them, easy find at a swap meet. I think holley made them as of late, but I could be wrong.