Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

M1008 help needed

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BARRAZA, Sep 23, 2002.

1. BARRAZA

BARRAZA 1/2 ton status

My m1008 was missing a passenger side alternator when I got it. The instructions from Roscommon Equipment for changing from 24 volt to 12 volt use the pass side alternator and remove the driver side. Are the two alternators the same?
    Also, what goes in the dash above the heater controls? Mine just has an empty round hole.

2. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

The alts are the same. These trucks are almost always missing something............

3. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

The hole above the heater controls is where the air restriction guage goes. It isn't really something you need unless you are trying to do a full restoration as original or something. Just find something interesting to fill the hole (new guage/clock maybe?) or cover it with a piece of plastic etc.

4. orlandoc

orlandoc Registered Member

The hole above the heater controls is "NOT" where the air restriction gauge goes. My 1008 came with an ammeter gauge. I still have the gauge and if you need it just drop me a line. Also have a new 6.2 liter diesel engine from a 1008 and several other parts.

5. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

WHERE YA AT ?

6. orlandoc

orlandoc Registered Member

Beaufort, South Carolina