Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

m1008 no gauges?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by protechk5, Dec 11, 2006.

1. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

How come my m1008 has hardly any gauges? I have a voltage meter above the heater controls. But on the left side of the cluster, I only have 4 dummy lights, 4wd light, gen1 and gen2 lights, and one other I cant think of. I would like to have a engine temp gauge and oil pressure gauge. What do I need to hook theses up. I already have a cluster that Im going to pull the temp and oil pressure gauge. Or should I buy some news ones? How hard are they to install and where on the block do the sensors go? Thanks

2. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I have seen them both ways. Luck of the draw:dunno:
    My K5 was a police truck and it had idiot lights instead of guages so go figure that out! :confused:

3. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

yeah the other light is an oil pressure light, I assume it flicks on when pressure gets too low. Also I am pretty sure all cucv gauges are arranged that way since they are all basically k30 stripper models with the bare bones essentials. I am planning on redoing my cluster pretty soon anyways since I have converted to 12v and taken out the second alternator, I will probably rig up a little led on the gauge trim somewhere by the gauges and add a clock and temp gauge or something like that(after I do the paint on the gauge backing mod).

Remington

4. merace19

merace19 1/2 ton status

People in the Military can care less if the engine is running a little hot or if the engine is tached out. I beat the living crap out of the ones i drove and only reason i would look at the gauge was because a light was on. Military versions of these trucks are bare bones simple. gas brake kind of deal;}