Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

M1009 issue questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big_truxx, Jul 8, 2005.

1. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

what issues do the M1009 have? I had heard they had wiring issues. Anything anyone can think of?

2. Bunker Buster

Bunker Buster Registered Member

Knock on wood, I haven't had any real problems with mine. I picked it up the weekend before Christmas and have logged just over 15K miles. In that time, I've replaced a leaking hydroboost, batteries, belts, filters and oil changes. :thumb:

3. muddog

muddog 1/2 ton status

Most of the wiring issues are going to come from user error. There are only a handful of wires that are different than the civi version that actually aid in the operation of the vehicle. This does not include all the test leads used for the STE-ICE machine, but these wires have no other function than for tests. There are however, relays and diodes that are not used on the civi version that will throw owners unfamiliar with the set up for a loop. These realys and diodes are for the 24V set up(starter, alternators, voltmeter and dummy lights for the alts). I would suggest getting a copy of the TM's if you purchase one.

4. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

are there any known issues that they have in general?

5. muddog

muddog 1/2 ton status

on the firewall...there is a 24 to 12 volt reducer for the glow plugs ...if that goes out it sends a full 24v to them and they burn out fast..also, the glow plug module is hard to come by if it burns out...just put them on a toggle switch or convert to a civi style module...other than that..nothing any other vehicle has problems with

6. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

now decissions. m1009 or gasser could get sock m1009 or k5gasser with 4" lift and 35's andall for the same price. also been toying with a burb to also camp inside as a wheeler lol but my heart says blazer (or m1009). hmmm :thinking: guess all the m1009 really needs is gears lockers and 31's anyway :D :thinking: