Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

M1009 owners I need Help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 78Blazer, Jun 10, 2002.

1. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

Wondering if any m1009 owners out there can do me a favor. I have a 84 m1009 that was stripped. I am trying to put a th400/208 back in it and I can not find a cross member that bolts up correctly. I tried one I had from a 700/208 and it does not even come close to lineing up. Anyhow I was wondering if someone who had this setup could take pictures of what there cross member looks like on theres for me.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Scott, I'd bet that it wasn't ANY different from a production crossmember. No, I don't own a 1009, but I had to find the right crossmember for my truck, and the '81 ups could have at least 3 styles....raised on one side, lowered on the other (imagine being able to run exhaust only under one side) a "hump" on both sides (able to run a pipe under the crossmember on both sides) AND the *flat* crossmember, which is what I needed to bolt my 465/205 combo up.

I *think* the difference is the adapter only (perhaps the tranny mount) but if you have a "tall" adapter which hangs down below the tranny pan level, you need the flat crossmember, and if you have a "short* adapter, you need one or the other "humped" crossmembers.

3. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

Hey now that you mentioned that I think I already have the right cross member... I was just thinking diffrent tranny and tcase meant I needed a different one for it. Duhh dont know why. But I just went out and looked at it and the flat style I also have looks like it will work. Guess the big reason I was thinking it would not work was that when I used it to put my 350/203 in I had to drill new holes becuase they would not line up. Never dawned on me that it would line up with the original set up in there....

Anyhow Thanks for pointing that out to me.