Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

M1009 Rear Bumper on a Burb ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AZ_Overdrive, Jan 6, 2006.

1. AZ_Overdrive

AZ_Overdrive 1/2 ton status

I finished mounting the front bumper and brushguard from an M1009 CUCV on my 89 Burb. Looks pretty sweet powdercoated!

I finally found a rear M1009 bumper with all the brackets including the tow points. I am getting ready to send the bumper to powder coat and was wondering if anyone has done this swap onto a burb and whether the bolt holes for all the brackets are already there on the Burb. I will be checking this out this afternoon as I need to take off the license plate bracket from my existing bumper to have it powder coated with the bumper. Just wanted a quick thumbs up or down on the mount points.

The front bumper tow bracket holes were all there on my burb so I am HOPING they will be on the rear.

Thanks for any info.

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Pics, pics....pics....We'd love to see it.

3. Jebby

Jebby Newbie

M1009 rear bumper for '89 Blazer

Hey AZ_Overdrive, I know it's now an ancient post, but were you able to easily fit the M1009 rear bumper on your '89 'burb with the included brackets? I'm eyeing one of these for my '89 Blazer and wondering what sort of job I might be in for. Thanks much in advance for any tips.

Jeb

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

Last Activity: 10-15-2008 10:54 AM for him on here.

5. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

LMC lists the same part # for Blazers and Suburbans

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/CSB/full.aspx?Page=26

so I'd say that an '84 Blazer rear bumper (which is what the M1009 is) should fit an '81+ Suburban. It would not directly bolt up to a 73-80 as they have a different frame.

Note that there are the square holes through the bumper for shackles, and steel tubes for mounting them, but IIRC it all bolts up pretty easily.

-- A

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

I actualy have a suburban rear bumper on my c10 rear. I got the truck brackets for the inner only as the oters were the same part #'s . looks good on there.

7. Jebby

Jebby Newbie

Thanks to you both for the info. I'm gonna go ahead with trying the M1009 bumper.

Jebby