Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

M1009 tire size

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big_truxx, Jul 19, 2005.

1. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

whatsize does the M1009 CUCV run in the military? Needing to know what it is set up for for the speedo in "stock" military form.

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Pretty sure they're 31"s, 31x10.50x15.

-- A

3. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

dood!!! thats so cool! what I was wanting to hear! when i get my cucv m1009 soon I want to run 31's anyway hahahaha

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Well, it's the biggest that will fit under flex. I've got 33"s on mine right now, but that's cuz the tires that were on it when I bought it were dry-rotted to hell, and all I had was this set of 33"s. (You Might Have A Problem If ... you keep spare sets of tires around :) )

Anyway, mine won't be seeing trails -- I've the '74 for that -- so the 33"s won't likely rub whilst mall-cruising :haha:

-- A

5. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

well i will be doing some daily driving with mine. also want to go on trails from time to time. maybe go see an old mine shaft in the mid/south west or go visit the desert bar in the south west that type of thing. some wheelign around here perhaps. but 31's i think are the way to go. i bet I will become a better wheeler by limiting my tires to 31". learn a few more tricks :D