Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

M8274-50 Warn Winch for $200 bucks???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chaka73, Apr 6, 2000.

1. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Hey guys how good is the M8274-50 winch my cousin has one it is an older model I think he bought it in 1990 but has hardly ever used it he had it mounted on his truck but he didn't go wheelin with it I guess he just had it for looks, he told me he only used it like 3 times not off-roading but just to try it, anyway I went to his house and we were cleaning out his garage and I saw it! I didn't even know he had it until I saw it and he goes hey give me $200 and it's yours, but I want to know if it's a good deal it's old but it's basically new it's been sitting in the garage for a couple of years but he told me that it does work good, I've seen the same model at 4WheelParts for over $1000 but what I want to know is if this whinch is pretty reliable I dont want to get stuck, by the way it comes with everything to winch me out so all I need is the mount for my truck and start winching people out alright guys that's it for now and thanks for your attention

keep blazin !!!

2. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

That is a great winch. Kinda weird looking compared to what is out there but an awesome winch none the less. If you don't want it let me know. I'm planning on getting one. I'll pay $200 for it!

Kyle
    89K5

3. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

I agree with Kyle, even if you have to replace a seal or something, it will be worth it. Warn is supposed to have good customer service so go for it. The 8274-50 is rated at 8000# and is very popular for its fast no load line speed. And yeah, if you don't want it, I may.

4. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Hey guys thanks for the advice I think I will go for it, if I change my mind I will let you guys know so one of you guys can buy it.

keep blazin !!!

5. IDGMC

IDGMC 1/2 ton status