Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

[mabey] a free K30 hehehe

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 73k5blazer, Apr 4, 2007.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

There's this house we're looking at, nice place, the couple there is moving to Hawaii and are looking to get rid of almost everything they have, so it could make things interesting when making an offer to write in a bunch of stuff.

One thing he needs to dump is his '86 low mileage K30 long bed truck. I didn't look at it close, I think it had a 454 in it, new body panels, nice looking truck.
    So I could have a rolled in cost K30, but, alas, I really don't need it. "I'll give you asking price if you throw in the Ford tractor/backhoe, K30, and the welder in the barn." Deals like this can be fun.......

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Don't say "K30" to him as then he will figure out you know or understand that particular truck.
    Just say to him "the truck" or "that truck" or "the/that 4x4 truck".

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

good call Wes.i seemed too eager last summer for an 86 K30 .it was ten different colors and filled with crap, but it was quiet and ran. the dood said $900.00.thats when i musta started drooling.:rolleyes: he never came back to the store.:mad:

4. 73k5blazer

He knows it's a K30. I think he knows what it's worth. He was there when we looked at the house, he mentioned, "My 1-ton 4wd chevy there is going to have to go too"

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

start saying whats wrong with it then.:D

6. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

non original body panels and such LOL

7. 73k5blazer

Well, I'm not sure on that. It's either really unused for Michigan here, or he bondo'd and painted it or he replaced the body panels. My bet's on the latter. Like I said, I didn't look at the truck except from a distance.
    The body didn't have a speck of rust, highly unusual for michigan. Knowing that guy, I mean, he built that house, it's a very very unique layout, he designed it, he built it, he dug the pond, he built the pole barn, he tiled the shower, he milled and installed all the woodwork, there's a plan and quality execution in everything he did, so if he did replace the body panels on that truck, I'm sure he did a good job, just basing that off of the work in the house.
    But, yeah, nitpick him down. He's got a lot of stuff to dump out of that house, the truck is just 1 thing of many.

8. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

sounds like it may be a deal you cant pass up

9. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

He'll want it to go to a good owner, start sucking up.:haha:

10. 73k5blazer

Man...we ended up buying, well agreeing on a purchase agreement on that house today. We looked at it again tihs afternoon and I looked over that truck a little better, but he said he just sold it thursday, for, get this, $8700!

It was even nicer than I thought, 47k original miles, original body panels and paint, SM465/205, 1 ton K30, '86, 454 engine, air, power locks, manual windows. Nice truck. Oh, and he's the original owner, he bought it new in '86, all original, except for the plow on the front. Damn...oh well, I'm sure he knew what he had there and I wouldn't have got it for much less than that wrapped into the home and land.

11. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Damn! $8700! Let him know when I'm ready to sell a K30, I want him to be my dealer.